Do you want to BUY/SELL BTC call 07037238225 (@prezzy)

coincola
sample ad
naija crypton1n

The African Development Bank: 17 Facts You Should Know About

Discussion in 'Nigeria News & Politics' started by charlhxe, May 22, 2018.

1. charlhxe

charlhxe Well Known Mod

The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution. It was set up in 1964 by the African Union to reduce the rate of poverty and to fund projects in Africa.

In this article, I'll highlight some facts about the African Development Bank may not know.

17 Facts About The African Development Bank You Should Know

{filename}-The African Development Bank: 17 Facts You Should Know About

Below are some facts about the African Development Bank:

1. The African Development Bank (AfDB) was founded on 10 September 1964 and is headquartered in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.

2. It comprises of three entities which include: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.

3. The AfDB’s major mission is to fight poverty and improve living conditions on the African continent through promoting the investment of public and private capital in projects and programs that are likely to contribute to the economic and social development of the region.

4. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the Regional Member Countries (RMC).

5. It is headed by a president who is elected by the Board of Executive Directors.

6. The AfDB is controlled by a Board of Executive Directors, which consist of representatives from its member countries.

7. The AfDB members consist of 53 African countries and 26 Non-African countries.

8. Nigeria is the largest African Development Bank shareholder with nearly 9 percent of the vote.

9. Other group entities of AfDB, African Development Fund and Nigerian Trust Fund were established in 1974 and 1976 respectively, the latter was established by the Nigerian government with an initial capital of $86 million.

10. The largest shareholder of the African Development Fund is the United Kingdom, with approximately 14% of the total working shares followed by United States with approximately 6.5 percent of the total voting shares, followed by Japan with approximately 5.4 percent.

11. The African Development Bank uses a Unit of Account which is registered as XUA as ISO 4217 standard currency code. It is not exchanged directly by individuals, it is used for accounting between state members.

12. The four primary functions of the AfDB include:
    • Making loans and equity investments for the socio-economic advancement of the Regional Member Country (RMC).
    • Providing technical assistance for development projects and programs.
    • Promoting investment of public and private capital for development.
    • Assisting in organizing the development policies of RMCs.
    13. Areas of concentration of the AfDB include:
    • The infrastructure sector, including power supply, water and sanitation, transport and communications.
    • Regional integration infrastructure projects.
    • Fight against HIV/AIDS, contributing an estimated amount of over UA 500 million.
    14. During its years of operations, AfDB has financed 2,885 operations, for a total of $47.5 billion. In 2003, it received an AAA rating from the major financial rating agencies and had a capital of $32.043 billion.

15. Its present president (2018) is Nigeria's Akinwumi Adesina who has previously held the position of Minister of Agriculture in the country under the administration of Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

16. The organization also has over 1,500 staff strength.

17. Its official website is www.afdb.org/.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - African Development Bank Forum Date
    Hot African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos Nigeria News & Politics Aug 1, 2018
    Ask 2018 Top 11 Best African Players To Watchout For In The Fifa Word Cup Nigeria News & Politics May 28, 2018
    Buzz South African Senior Military Officer Dismissed Over Social Media Comment Nigeria News & Politics May 25, 2018
    Politics Goodluck Jonathan Speaks In The United States, Advises African Leaders (photos) Nigeria News & Politics May 10, 2018
    Just In South Africans Now Withdraw Their Medicines Through Atms (photos) Nigeria News & Politics May 9, 2018

3. AkinCosta

AkinCosta Upcoming

Of course this is useful information. But I have not been cooperating with banks for a long time, because I can not take a loan because of a bad credit history. However, the company "zenith loans" helps me to solve financial problems. There is no need to collect documents from work and do not check the credit history. I think it's even better than going to the Bank.

4. backendguy

backendguy Rookie!!!

sincerely speaking this post helped me out, exactly what i was looking for

5. Topmaike007

Topmaike007 Well Known

6. nicefaze

nicefaze Upcoming

Download Research Project Topics & Materials Here
    @
    www.projectreserve.com
    Preparing to write your Final Year Project/Thesis and in need of the best project topics and materials in your department at various levels (i.e Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D)?
    Get it done with NO stress today.
    Goto: www.projectreserve.com for downloads!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Are you also working on a FRESH Project Topic approved to you by your supervisor?
    Or are you working on a project topic which is not listed or related to the topics we have on our site?
    If "YES", then you have nothing to worry about as we are capable of developing write-up on a "NEW" research topic in various field of study.
    Kindly click here: www.projectreserve.com/p/hire-writer.html and follow the procedure to get started right away.
    Contact our help desk today: 08074521866, 08066484965.
    Our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/projectreserve
    NOTE: All research projects, Research Term Papers and Essays on our site are well researched, supervised and approved by lecturers who are intellectuals in their various fields of study.

7. jacobsontrain

jacobsontrain Jackobian

I know a guy from my city which trying to create a bank. He plans to create it with cryptocurrency.
    But I don't know. It's better to try something like this https://www.cbdornot.com/strawberry-cough-strain and after this with clean mind try to find all the information.

8. Bjorn

Bjorn Upcoming

Opening a bank that works only with crypto currencies I see as a very risky business. The price of cryptos is so volatile, so investment needs to be hedged in some way. In addition, there is only limited amount of crypto assets on the market which does not allow a scale business

9. Camberpruff

Camberpruff Jackobian

Very interesting

10. Daniel Eck

Daniel Eck Rookie!!!

good job

11. Systems

Systems Active

How can I get connections to the executives of this Bank? I'm lacking great connections :movie::wink:

Prezzy likes this.
  12. Bjorn

Bjorn Upcoming

I think that this is one very good article exposing basic business of African Development Bank. I was thinking that it would be good to share some information about ways to apply for business loans with this bank, and what would be conditions? Thanks

Prezzy likes this.
  13. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Then it's failed

14. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Lols. Start connecting with managers and executives of ordinary banks first before going continental bro

Systems likes this.
  15. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

I really don't know but am sure that once in a while, they make opportunity for Africans to come and apply for loans.
    However, it will be a tideous process

16. Systems

Systems Active

You're right. Starting small...

Prezzy likes this.
  17. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

So, is the president always chosen from Nigeria?

Prezzy likes this.
  18. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

I'm also curious if there're any current projects aimed to improve living conditions of the African countries

Prezzy likes this.
  19. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Nigeria doesn't appoint foreigners.

Appointment generally in Nigeria is based on which tribe/part of the country you are from and it is one of the biggest problems in Africa.
    The president appoints his kinsmen whether qualified or not

20. Lerets

Lerets Jackobian

yes Nigeria doesn't appoint foreigners!:cry:

Prezzy likes this.
  21. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

But South Africa appoints white people in their place and they are reaping from it!

22. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

I mean that the Bank combines not only Nigeria but other African countries. So the head of the Bank is appointed from Nigeria anyway?