Crypto News Is Bill Gates Creating A "fud" ?

Discussion in 'Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!)' started by gbolahan, Feb 28, 2018.

1. gbolahan

gbolahan GBOLAHAN Crypto Guardian

As noted by CNBC, during a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” session on Tuesday, Gates explained that he thinks cryptocurrency is really bad because it aids and abets people who want to keep their financial transactions hidden from the government. He seemed particularly concerned with whether the blockchain revolution is mostly revolutionizing financial crime, terrorism, and drug dealing, thus killing people “in a fairly direct way”:

he also said "The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Governments ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long."

Guys what do you think about bill gate view?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Prezzy likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Bill Gates Creating Forum Date
    Crypto News Carbon Footprint Report- The Market To Reach $13 Billion Globally By 2027 Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!) Jun 16, 2022
    Crypto News Avazoo Worldwide Billion Dollar Raffle Ticket/nft Sales Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!) Jun 12, 2022
    Crypto News Billionaer Coin - The Crown Jewel Of Cryptocurrency Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!) Apr 17, 2022
    Buzz A Powerful Message About Bitcoin From A Veteran, Legend And Billionaire Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!) Oct 25, 2020
    Crypto News Tether Usdt Supply To Reach 1 Billion On Tron Network Cryptocurrency News (HAPPENING!) Dec 13, 2019

3. gbolahan

I think bill has forgotten that cryptocurrency is far beyond use as a means of exchange. The anonymous part is just part of the features of cryptocurrency.

4. Barnabias

Barnabias Leader

And I think KYC will deal with this

gbolahan likes this.
  5. gbolahan

Yes....and i think bank should all start accepting it too

Barnabias likes this.
  6. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

well, there is a report i saw which stated that crime-related transactions accounts for only 1% of Bitcoin transactions. how about that?

gbolahan and Barnabias like this.
  7. Barnabias

Barnabias Leader

Meaning the dude has no point

gbolahan likes this.
  8. gbolahan

See comment
    IMG_20180228_231036_380.jpg-Is Bill Gates Creating A "fud" ?