Igbos Should Focus On Producing A President After Buhari's Second Tenure - Orji Uzor Kalu

Discussion in 'BIAFRA' started by Prezzy, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

I've spoken about this issue of Igbo president in the past here. Now, another prominent Igbo man is speaking about it in a discussion with PUNCH. We should listen to the voice of the elders right? So let's listen to this one too!
    Orji Uzor Kalu.png-Igbos Should Focus On Producing A President After Buhari's Second Tenure - Orji Uzor Kalu
    When do you think the Igbo should produce the president of Nigeria, 2019 or 2023?

We have a sitting president in the All Progressives Congress and if he is not running again in 2019, the North should complete their eight-year tenure but I would advise President Buhari to run because he is entitled to a second term under the constitution.

Despite his state of health?

Are you his doctor? The man is very healthy. I told you then that he will come back healthier, you can see him now. He is back and healthy. People should stop spreading rumours about the president’s health. It is only at his will that he can decide not to run. If I was in Buhari’s position, I would contest again for a second term because other presidents before him did so as a right. There is nothing wrong with the man.

So, the Igbo should wait till 2023 to produce a president of Nigeria?

Yes. The Igbo will produce the president in 2023. If Buhari is not running in 2019, another Hausa man should be allowed to complete his second term. When Yar’Adua died, Jonathan came but if he had listened to the people’s advice, this situation will not be there because if I were Jonathan, I would have ruled for six years and allowed other people to run.

How do you think that the Igbo will be able to produce a president when the leaders are not speaking with one voice?

Other tribes have produced a president, so it is the turn of the Igbo too. Obasanjo was elected president in 1999 despite the fact that the Yoruba did not vote for him. He lost in his ward; I was there on the Election Day. So, any Igbo man that is widely accepted can be president of Nigeria. How did Obasanjo and Buhari become president? Are they better than any Igbo man? The answer is no! The issue is that if they know how they made Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan and Buhari president, they should also make an Igbo man president so that there can be complete unity and we would forget about the civil war because not making an Igbo president will still remind our people that the marginalisation which started after the civil war has not ended.

Do you think that the Igbo presidency will bring about the desired development to the South-East?

There will be massive development in every part of Nigeria not only in Igbo land. The economy will change. The development will be channelled towards the entire country and we will appeal to the Igbo to make personal contributions to the development of their areas too. Make an Igbo man president today, I can assure you that the agitation will go down but first of all, let the Federal Government immediately implement the recommendations contained in the 2014 confab report. If the decisions are implemented and the Igbo have one more state like other regions, even before they produce the president, we will be moving. I call on the federal government to be magnanimous enough to present the 2014 confab report to the National Assembly for immediate implementation

2. Loading...

3. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Hmm. Is this man really seeing what's going on in Nigeria?