Do you want to BUY/SELL BTC call 07037238225 (@prezzy)
sample ad
naija crypto

How To Spot A Shitcoin

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Investments | Discussions' started by Alexis29, May 30, 2019.

1. Alexis29

Alexis29 Jackobian

{filename}-How To Spot A Shitcoin 2017 is when a vast majority of people started looking at cryptocurrency for investments. And if you're the person who wants to make a lot of money with crypto, then take this article seriously!

5 Ways to Spot a Shitcoin

No whitepaper - This should be a big red flag, a whitepaper details everything you need to know about the currency before making up your mind if you want to invest, purchase or use it. An idea may be great, it may be revolutionary, but with no whitepaper, the project simply looks shady and un-serious at best.

Shitpaper- LOL, shitcoins will have a whitepaper just for the sake of having it. If after reading a whitepaper, you still don't know what the coin is set out to achieve then chances are that you are reading shitcoin whitepaper. If the whitepaper just explains what blockchain and bitcoins are, then it is likely fishy. Look for specific details about their project.

Unfair wealth distribution - If a certain individual or a group of people control a majority of the coins, then it's a bit unfair. This makes it centralized' and the purpose of decentralization is defeated.

Governance - Is there a system through which everything's control. Who gets paid what? For instance, validators (miner) get overpaid it can lead to too high inflation which is bad for the stability of the price, won't get into too many technicalities here.

Technology- Any coin and the associated product should assure investors of 2 things: Reliability & Security. Although the blockchain technology is quite robust, it's still prone to threats the best way to securing & safeguarding anything, is to prepare for the worst.

Prezzy likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Spot Shitcoin Forum Date
    How To Spot Scam Lending And Ico Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Oct 18, 2017
    Cryptic Jackobians, Here Are 2 Ways To Spot Scam Altcoins! Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Oct 12, 2017

3. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Yap.
    I think that's the major problem with most masternode coins

gbolahan and Alexis29 like this.
  4. Alexis29

Alexis29 Jackobian

You're right brother

5. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

Any examples of shitcoins?)

Prezzy likes this.
  6. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Just go to coinmarketcap.com
    98% of the coins from #300 below are all shitcoins

Anastasiia likes this.
  7. Alexis29

Alexis29 Jackobian

You can use the criteria listed in this article to spot them

Anastasiia likes this.
  8. Rectorr

Rectorr Rookie!!!

Let me add to OP's list.

Unattainable goal in whitepaper

Being redundant or and explicit duplicate of an already existing Blockchain project

No team behind the project

Alexis29 and Prezzy like this.
  9. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Lols. Ghost coin?

10. gbolahan

gbolahan GBOLAHAN Crypto Guardian

Please how can we classify forks of btc like bch,bchabc, bcv and the likes? Because to me they look like shitcoin.

11. Alexis29

Alexis29 Jackobian

V
    Very correct, most of the new and upcoming crypto projects are exact copies of other existing projects.

12. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

Exactly! I usually look at the first 50 coins :)

Prezzy likes this.
  13. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

The top 10 are usually the most legit.
    The top 3 are the bed rock!

Anastasiia likes this.
  14. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Different coins move in and out of the top 10 but whenever a new coin make it to the top 3,it is a major news event.

The top 2 almost never changes!

15. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

seems like you've been long enough in this sphere:)

16. Filher

Filher Upcoming

I think that you have just created a new word for sort of crypto assets without any value – the shitcoin. Certainly these are out of sphere of my interests as I am focusing only on top 10 with highest market capitalization

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019