Do you want to BUY/SELL BTC call 07037238225 (@prezzy)
sample ad
naija crypto

How Can Exchange Hacking Be Minimize?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Investments | Discussions' started by gbolahan, May 31, 2019.

1. gbolahan

gbolahan GBOLAHAN Crypto Guardian

During last month we heard a series of news about exchange hacking from binance to cryptopia(which led to the shut down of this exchange). This thread is open to discuss about how exchange hacking can been prevented or minimize with the aid of Blockchain.

My first suggestion is that there should be a special protocol for generation of wallet addresses used by exchanges. This addresses should have an attributes and methods of preventing hackers from moving fund. Each mining node should act as police that will always check for malicious attack on these address by blocking movement of large amount of BTC from any address own by exchange and verification should be done before such move.

Prezzy likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Exchange Hacking Minimize Forum Date
    Buzz Netcurrencyindex – Ieo At P2pb2b Exchange On 15th August 2019 Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Aug 13, 2019
    Crypto News Exblock Launching A Digital Asset Exchange Bitcoin Investments | Discussions May 17, 2019
    Help With Bitcoin Trading Exchange Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Apr 29, 2019
    Review Of Coincola, Nigeria's New Btc/gift Cards Exchange Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Apr 25, 2019
    Which Crypto Exchange Has The Least Trading Fees? Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Apr 22, 2019

3. Anastasiia

Anastasiia Jackobian

I think that no matter how secure the system will be, hackers will find a solution to hack it
    Unfortunately, it often happens. This system will always have to be in the process of improvement

gbolahan likes this.
  4. gbolahan

Sure ,that is why we have versions for software to fix bugs

Anastasiia likes this.
  5. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Bro, this sounds OK but it also sounds like what the federal government would do

gbolahan likes this.
  6. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Remember this is Blockchain and things happen in a less controlled way.

Well my own is that giving exchanges a different level of protocol or abilities without making the same available to all blockchain users is fundamentally wrong if not impossible because it has to do with modifying how the blockchain works (if am right).
    However, they can deploy more technology to apply more security on their funds.

gbolahan likes this.
  7. gbolahan

Yea but Federal government is just an entity while nodes are entities. The definition of decentralized security is still maintain in case of nodes

8. gbolahan

To implement, it will only be like normal fork[hard fork]

9. gbolahan

Am thinking of a technology whereby more definitions will be given to cold wallet address to give it more security. Looking forward to that

Prezzy likes this.
  10. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

As in?

11. gbolahan

Functions, it should be capable to give more security to fund

12. Filher

Filher Upcoming

I am not some expert on this topic, but it is not easy to create safe exchange, as hackers are extremely smart people who will find crack within any system. So, I think that solution should be very original. Maybe to look at what banks have already done for safety of internet or mobile banking ?