Do you want to BUY/SELL BTC call 07037238225 (@prezzy)

coincola
sample ad
naija crypto

Scam Fake Remitano 0.2btc Offer Is A Scammer's Bait!

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Investments | Discussions' started by Prezzy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Previously, I have reviewed Remitano platform here. I got this message in my inbox a while ago and it claims to be coming from Remitano.

Here's the email..

Xin chào bạn,

You have been chosen as a BETA tester for our new Desktop App!

You will receive 0.2 BTC Bonus for using our new Desktop App.
    The bonus will be credited after using the Desktop App
    Simply login to our Remitano Desktop App to claim your Bonus.
    This is an App which is currently working on every Windows OS.

The download link to our Remitano Desktop App:
    https://github.com/remitanoapp/Remitano/raw/master/RemitanoApp_V1.zip

Now this is very very scammy!!! To me. I advise you stay away

For a number of reasons, this offer is seems like a scam.

Have a look at this image.
    The message is coming from a funny looking email address.

Screenshot_2017-09-12-19-04-18.png-Fake Remitano 0.2btc Offer Is A Scammer's Bait!

But I think the biggest fraud here is that they are offering 0.2BTC!
    LOLS. What kind of company will give you $800 for testing their app on a desktop???

Lols. Just stay clear guys. This is definitely not Remitano for me.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Fake Remitano 2btc Forum Date
    Buzz 4 Fake Crypto Wallets Discovered On Google Play Store Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Nov 17, 2018
    Buzz Farmatrust Partners With Mongolian Government To Stop Fake Medicine Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Feb 17, 2018
    What I Learned About Crypto Fake Pumping - Possible Causes Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Aug 29, 2017
    Just For Fun: List Of Bitcoin Fake Bitcoin (btc Derivatives) Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Jul 10, 2017
    Why Nnn Is The Best! You Can Reject Fake Pop Without Writing To Support Bitcoin Investments | Discussions Jan 4, 2017

3. gbolahan

gbolahan GBOLAHAN Crypto Guardian

They are after your password and username bro

4. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

lols

5. gbolahan

gbolahan GBOLAHAN Crypto Guardian

IMG_20170912_223615_333.jpg-Fake Remitano 0.2btc Offer Is A Scammer's Bait!

I got a warning mail instead bro @Prezzy lolz

6. Prezzy

Prezzy Leader Protector

Yes o. I got this too.

Hello friend,

Thank you for being with us.
    Recently there was an email sending from our support platform asking you to download malicious software. This has created anxiety among some users and we are here to clarify it.

First we are very sorry to let this happen and have made necessary changes to prevent future problems like this from happening again.

Second we would like to make it clear that Remitano system is still 100% safe and operational.

Third, let me explained what happened.
    We do use a customer support platform called Intercom to contact our customers.
    On September 12, 2017, an Intercom account of one of our staff got compromised. The attacker then use that account to send email to our user asking them to install a malicious software.

As soon as we heard back from our user (which is around 1 hour since the email is sent), our staff has escalated issue and we immediately send a new email advising our user to ignore the email about the fake beta software. We also worked with Github which the attacker used to host the malicious file to remove that file from their platform.

As of right now, we have make further restriction in our system to prevent any compromised staff from sending out fake news. We also enforced two factor authentication to the Intercom platform to make future compromise less likely.

Again we are sorry to have this happen. Though we would like to give guarantee that Remitano is still 100% safe and operational. Any user has executed the malicious software we insist that you run the latest antivirus program to remove the malware or even reinstall the operating system had it is Windows. Mac and Linux users are not affected by this incident.