[SHADOW GOVERNMENT] Here's Why Biafra Agitation is a very BAD IDEA - Prezzy
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Do you face frequent disconnection issues with the current Glo tweak download the new jetride vpn and say bye to that
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Yes, Jackobian is a Vision that powers out Community, Jackobian.com! To learn more about who we are, why we exist and what we do, please Click here to read the Revelation of the Jackobian Vision
    Dismiss Notice

What Really Happened To Jackobian On The 30th Of October 2016?

Discussion in 'Jackobian News (Official)' started by Prezzy, Nov 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prezzy

Prezzy GrandMaster Protector

Am making this post because as much as I want to keep this private as to avoid unforseen circumstances, the good Nigerian students deserve nothing less than the truth about what's going on in this forum...

Typing...

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Really Happened Jackobian Forum Date
    J-Trending! Jackobian @ 30,000 Finally & 2 Other Cool Things That Happened Today Jackobian News (Official) Apr 7, 2017

3. Prezzy

Jackobian.com as we all know It today didn't start here.
    We started @Kinwap.com
    Then galaxykins.com before we finally settled here. All these while, we have done our best to provide the most sanitized environment for discussion which promoted growth as it has to do with students.

This hasn't changed a bit and I'll love you to bear it in mind as you read through this...

Moving away from Kinwap.com to jackobian has always been in search of a better environment for the forum to settle and grow. It has always posed several challenges too, most of which we have been able to solve by sacrificing more than we ever considered necessary.

Jackobian is hosted on our own host @ Kinswebhost.com and it's for a reason. We needed to make sure that the website has all the resources it needs to run smoothly and serve the community to the best of her ability.

But then, we were only living in some sort of illusion.
    Illusion because we didn't predict the growth of the forum properly. Eventually, we ran into problems of all kinds especially as it has to do with stability and Availability of the forum.

We constantly experience short but painful Downtimes and we knew what the problem is.

The forum is requesting more than is available. It's time for another move. With the least possible planning, we embarked on this move on the 28th of October, 2016 even without a warning to the supportive members of this forum.

On the 30th, just the day we were hoping to get back on track, we got stuck on an endless loop of problems server-wise which resulted in the complete loss of all website data of any form.
    Still typing...

Praise likes this.
  4. Prezzy

Long hours of calls made to communicate with anyone that can help salvage the situation is all but futile.

In the end, I had to resolve to data restoration from a single file lying quitely on my PC since about 3 weeks.
    It's both a big relief and a painful experience knowing that we will be walking back time as though we had some super powers to the 5th of October to pick up jackobian.com from where we left off.

Picking up the file meant another set of dedicated work. With help from just about everyone that knows me, inspiration from Jackobians and Nigerian Students all over the country who have never failed to inspire me even when they are miles away, it was almost like nothing breezing through the nights scratching and combing up what's left of our forum.

Of course, I had a lot of help from my friends especially the programmer who did most of the work as regards database management.

An interesting event occurred though.
    Pretending I didn't see what was going on, we forged ahead to bring back the Jackobian we know now.

In the end, after about 116 hours, Jackobian emerged as a broken forum, never to be fully repaired. Nevertheless, stronger and more agile than any had ever thought it will be still capable of performing beyond all expectations!

Broken pages on jackobian.com rose to above 10,000 as most of the posts were overwritten in ways we dare not attempt to reconstruct with the facilities we have.
    So, you won't be wrong to call Jackobian,

At the time we needed God most, he delivered us, with inspiration from all supporters and faith and dedication to the Kinwap Vision => What You Don't Know About 'the Kinwap Vision', Jackobian & The Brain Behind It All

5. Prezzy

So, here we are, still recovering, yet bubbling once more and we are working to keep the fire burning while doing what we do best.

To all Jackobians, present and past, I won't make any promises even though it's the most appealing thing right now.
    However, i just wanna let you guys know that the support we received during these trying times and the knowledge of the fact that some people are looking up to us with faith is what brought this forum back ONLINE! else, I don't know.

As for the future, be rest assured, God is with us and his plans will always manifest one way or another.

Enjoy your rice and stew day as I drop my pen... Or is it... Phone!
    Okwuanaso Precious .jpg-What Really Happened To Jackobian On The 30th Of October 2016?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  6. Confidento

Confidento Jackobian

Prezzy My Man!!! I Appreciate your Super Efforts.
    Your Zeal For Technology would take you far.

What a Write-up!!!, A writeup that I of all People could not spot a typography error* Keep it up bro. Enjoy your Day.

Prezzy likes this.
  7. Prezzy

Thanks for taking time to go through all that bro.
    Speaking of errors, dem plenty for d post.

Try reading a second time & you'll understand

Meanwhile, my zeal and focus lies with Nigerian students and technology is only an arm of it.

Thanks once more for breaking the silence here 4 me and 4 everyone!
    Hope to see some more Jackobians hee...

Confidento likes this.
  8. aasifawarley

aasifawarley Upcoming

100% wit you bro

9. Confidento

Confidento Jackobian

I still don't see any errors anywhere, Maybe am just blinded by the Zeal and Passion you wrote that post with.
    I still say - WHAT AN EXCELLENT WRITEUP - !!!.

10. Noel Nelz Asap

Noel Nelz Asap Active Bot!

Speechless but happy I love your zeal bro. ..
    Am
    And will always support you bro. .
    :)

Prezzy likes this.
  11. Alashelee

Alashelee Forum Poet

Big ups bro though the unexpected reverse hurts

12. Praise

Praise Leader

A very touching post bro @Prezzy ,I've been on kinwap,galaxykins and Jackobian for as long as I can remember,even though we are broken that won't stop us because God is with us.
    We as jkins are going to continue growing around the world by the grace of God,I for one am doing my part to boost the site anyway I can,even if we have gone back in time,we shall pass that time and go forward into the future Amen.

Up☝Jackobian me again peace✌:D

13. Prezzy

i dey your side too!

14. Abasiofiok Bassey

Abasiofiok Bassey Forum elite moose Mod

Wow.. It's Good we're online again.. Happy Sunday @Prezzy @jkins

15. Authority

Authority Well Known

Yes o....thank God and prezzy

Prezzy likes this.
  16. Prezzy

You can't be thanking God and be thanking a human being at the same time. It's more like an insult to him sir.

The glory cannot be shared by two people.
    It belongs to ONE person - God. Just thank him bro.

17. Lordwizzy

Lordwizzy Jackobian

Keep up the good work my bro @Prezzy

18. Prezzy

Yes bro. Starting with Nigeria & Nigerian students to be more specific. Other people can come later but we need to understand ourselves and they say... Charity starts at home! So here we are in Nigeria, for now!

Praise likes this.
  19. Prezzy

Well said, point taken and appreciated as well as trusted! Keep up d good work bro

Praise likes this.
  20. Praise

Praise Leader

True

21. Praise

Praise Leader

No probs bro

Prezzy likes this.
  22. sango ilorin

sango ilorin GrandMaster Bot!

GOOD JOB BRO ... ...ALASCO CARE

Prezzy likes this.
  23. Prezzy

Yap, no doubt

24. Opemiolus

Opemiolus Jackobian

25. Noel Nelz Asap

Noel Nelz Asap Active Bot!

Naso

Oo

26. Prezzy

27. Emmanueltsado1

Emmanueltsado1 Jackobian

long live Jackobain, long live The Federal Republic of Nigeria. [To God's glory]

28. Barto

Barto Well Known Mod

Speechless :eek:.......

I lack words to modify your efforts to seeing that Jackobian is fully back.

God has been your strength, that's why we should all give Him all the Glory for seeing @Prezzy and others (who assisted him ) through all these times of troubles and trials.

@Prezzy..... Never Give Up
    God is our Strength (Jkins)

Prezzy likes this.
  29. Topmaike007

Topmaike007 Active

@Prezzy I love your enthusiasm

Prezzy likes this.
  30. James Nille

James Nille Leader Mod

Na God ooo.... Baba God Thank you for Jackobian.com

Prezzy likes this.
  31. Prezzy

And I appreciate your ever-present support and encouragement !